Harbourside Family Practice is working with other surgeries in our area to offer COVID-19 vaccination clinics. Vaccinations are being delivered according to priority groups identified by the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
Due to the storage requirements and the fragility of the vaccine, the government has mandated that our local group of surgeries only vaccinate from one site.
The Portishead Vaccination Centre is therefore at the Portishead Medical Group site.
The address for Portishead Medical Group is:
We will ensure that social distancing is maintained and that your health and safety, and that of our staff, is protected. We will try to get you in and out of the building as speedily as possible. This may mean you will need to wait outside until your appointment time.
Please read the following information:
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment (not too early).
- Please do not come if you have any possible COVID symptoms. If you are not able to attend you must let us know as soon as possible.
- Please come into the clinic independently if possible, asking any carers or people that bring you down to wait outside.
- You will need to wait for 15 minutes after your vaccination.
- Arrive at the time of your appointment and queue in the marquee at the side of the surgery (behind Lloyds Pharmacy)
- Please wear a face mask
- Please wear short sleeves or a vest-sleeved top so that we can access your upper arm easily
- Please park in the Homebase car park across the road if possible to reduce congestion near the surgery
- You should not have any other vaccinations within 7 days before or after your COVID vaccination
- You should not have the vaccine if:
- You have had a positive COVID-19 test result in the last 4 weeks
- You have ever had a serious allergic reaction to another medication or vaccine