If you are registered with us, you can access online services which allow you to:
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations, and test results
There are a number of different providers of online services and we have summarised a few below. It is entirely up to you which provider you choose to use.
We do not support any particular app.
|myGP||No website login||myGP iOS app
myGP Android app
|NHS App||No website login||NHS App for iOS
NHS App for Android
|Patient Access||Click here for website||Patient Access iOS app
Patient Access Android app
How to register for online services
To use online services, you need to sign up and prove who you are.
For the NHS App you can do this in 2 ways:
- by taking a photo of your ID (passport, UK or EU driving licence, or European national identity card) and recording a short video of your face while you say 4 numbers
- using registration details from your GP surgery
For other providers of online services, you can only sign up using registration details from your GP surgery. Please visit our reception team, bringing photo ID and proof of address with you and they will issue you an online PIN with all the details necessary to register. If your driving licence has the correct address on it, then just this one piece of ID is fine to bring with you.
Online Access for Young People
Respecting patient confidentiality is an essential part of good care. This applies to every patient: child, young person, or adult. Without the trust that confidentiality brings, children and young people might not seek medical care and advice when they need it most, or they might not tell a doctor all the facts needed to provide good care.
Please click here to download an information leaflet.