If you are caring for a loved one, and need help, advice or are concerned about the person you are caring for, there is support available to you locally:
• Carers Support Centre provide support, information and advice to carers of any age living in the Bristol and South Gloucestershire areas. www.carerssupportcentre.org.uk/ or Carers Line 0117 965 2200.
• Bristol Black Carers provide support and assistance for Caribbean, African and Asian carers in Bristol www.bristolblackcarers.org.uk/ – 0117 379 0084
• Bristol Young Carers help and support for children aged 8-18 in the Bristol and South Gloucestershire areas www.carerssupportcentre.org.uk/young-carers/ – 0117 965 2200
• Alliance provide support for carers in North Somerset www.alliancehomes.org.uk/nscarerssupport
• Your Local Authority can also help with the latest information and advice – North Somerset www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/adult-social-care-health/carers
There are also some national resources available to you:
- The Carents Room is the go-to place for people supporting elderly parents. They give you the information and connections you need to ensure your relatives get the best possible care. Please click here.
- Working with leading national charity Carers UK, unpaid carers now have free access to new digital resources. The Digital Resource for Carers is an online platform that hosts a wealth of resources for carers to help them build resilience in their caring role.