What We Offer at The Practice
- Self-testing Chlamydia tests available from reception which can be completed at home and sent off. The service is fully confidential.
- Free condom collection from the Practice reception.
- Tests via an appointment to test for sexually transmitted infections and the subsequent treatment for them. The screening will take place in a treatment room with a nurse.
- We offer a full range of contraceptive options including free condom collection, implants, coils, injections and pills.
- Same day emergency contraception appointments are also available.
- Advice and support regarding unwanted pregnancies.
- We offer appointments with a doctor regarding mental health issues including anxiety, stress or abuse. The doctor will be able to support you and if necessary, refer you to a specialist outside of the practice.
Alcohol and Substance Misuse
- Your doctor will be happy to discuss any substance use and misuse during an appointment.
- Harbourside also offer referrals to substance misuse agencies who work specifically with young people such as No Worries, CAMHS and Positive Steps.
- Young people who look after a relative or someone they know are classed as young carers. To support young carers we offer a free carers health check, flu vaccination and more flexible appointment times.