If the doctor has requested that you bring in a urine specimen or stool sample for testing, please follow these simple guidelines:
- We can only accept samples which are in appropriate sample containers, as using jars or containers from the home could contaminate your sample. You can collect urine and stool sample bottles from reception.
- Please ensure your specimen is labelled with your name and date of birth. Any sample not labelled will not be able to be identified by the nurse, and will be disposed of.
- Drop your specimen/sample into reception before 12:30pm, Monday to Friday. Anything brought to the desk after 12:30pm may be refused. This is so that we have time to process it before our hospital courier calls to collect the samples to take them to the hospital for analysis.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to collect the results of tests carried out at the practice.
- Urine results are usually available 3 working days after bringing in your sample
- Stool samples have to be ‘cultured’ at the lab, and results take approximately two weeks
- Please DO NOT post your samples into the postbox outside the building when we are closed. These will not be processed.
** Please note that we are unable to process blood tests or urine samples unless requested by the Doctor or Hospital **