HANDi Taunton has been developed by the Paediatric team at Musgrove Park Hospital to provide expert support to parents/carers and medical professionals looking after children with the most common childhood illnesses:
Parent/career guidance includes illness specific home assessment guidelines, signposting to the appropriate healthcare setting, and illness information. Each of the 6 common childhood illnesses has a home care plan to help parents/carers provide the best support for their child.
Assessment guidelines are provided for both healthcare professionals in the community and at Musgrove Park Hospital. Guidelines have been developed using a traffic light system that guides professionals to the most appropriate healthcare advice, support or referral for an individual child. These integrated guidelines should help parents/carers feel that they are getting consistent advice wherever and whenever their child is seen.
Both parents/carers and healthcare professionals are encouraged to look at each of the 3 pathways for each of the 6 common conditions.
The conditions covered are:
- Diarrhoea (Gastroenteritis)
- Chesty Baby (Bronchiolitis)
- Chesty Child (Wheeze and Asthma)
- High temperature
- Abdominal Pain
- Common newborn problems
To download HANDi for free, please use the following links:
- For those with an Android phone please either click – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myoxygen.handi.taunton or alternatively search for HANDi Taunton on the Google Play Store.
- For those with an iPhone please either click- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/handi-taunton/id969445171?mt=8 or alternatively search for HANDi Taunton on the Apple App Store.